Part I - T minus 12h

 
I have been rather bad at posting lately. I apologize. But there is a good reason...I've been a little busy. OK ok I've been watching the World Cup.  But I have learnt a thing or two since the Olympics and the playoffs. And that is that viewing elite sports should be countered by some activity of my own, especially if one wants to avoid the dreaded muffin-top. So for the past 3 months, I have been training for my second half marathon. As proof...here is my schedule (just be glad I'm not showing you my bruised and mangled toenails as proof).



One of the pleasures of entering these types of races is the swag you get as part of your registration. I picked mine up yesterday and was very much looking forward to pilfering through my goody bag for gels, water bottles, discount coupons etc. The look of the bag (Lululemon knockoff) was promising and my hopes were high considering how popular this race is. Alas, when I got home, uh, there was nothing in the bag!! The bag WAS the swag!! Not impressed.

Although the technical shirt actually fit me for once so I guess I shouldn't complain.

So wish me luck. I will update with results and general impressions tomorrow, from my couch, with a big ole cinnamon bun and the Argentina v Mexico game. Guilt-free.

Comments

  1. work it. work it hard. then pig out in front of telly. do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment