On the cusp...

of chaos.

As you all know Vancouver is hosting the 2010 winter olympics. The city has been gearing up for years and now, it is finally here. I was toying with the idea of getting outta dodge during the madness but instead have decided to embrace it.

There are tons of free events (art, theatre, dance, music, film etc) and the energy is already building with more and more people wandering around with puzzled looks on their faces and crumpled maps in their pockets. Must say, I'm excited.

I've never been hugely patriotic, feeling more like a citizen of the world, belonging everywhere and nowhere at the same time. But whenever I see tourists in Vancouver, and especially my neighborhood, I feel a sense of pride that I am fortunate enough to live here. I want to show them the good spots, veer them in the right direction to the beach or park. Just generally be helpful. Odd.

Anyhoo, I'm going to get out as much as possible during those 2 crazy weeks and will document everything I can in photos. So stay tuned over the next month!

Sidenote: The torchbearer outfit just makes those poor folk look like running condoms. Not good.
VANOC = 0. Trojan = 1.

Comments