Hawk


Came home today and the second I stepped through the door I noticed a hawk perched on a branch right in front of my balcony windows. Couldn't believe it. I've seen bald eagles in the city once in awhile but never a hawk (of course I'm assuming it's a hawk, i'm pretty sure it is...and yes, i'm a biologist so I should know but...there you go).

Anyway, asides from it being super cool, I didn't really think twice about it. That is until a good friend of mine sent me a link about what a hawk symbolises. Warning: we are momentarily entering a bit of a hippie-dippy zone, but bare with me...


"The hawk is called messenger, protector and visionary. Keen vision is one of its greatest gifts. Hawks see things others miss. The hawk comes to you indicating that you are now awakening to your soul purpose, your reason for being here. Its message for you is to be open to hope and new ideas, to extend the vision of your life."


Now, I am a scientist and so subscribe to the world of facts and proofs. BUT I also believe in spirtuality and tapping into that part of life that can't be explained or proven.  And I have to say there have been many "signs" both external and internal that keep pointing in this one direction symbolised by the hawk. So in many ways, reading this was extremely satisfying for me.

So i sign off with only one purpose for the immediate future...to keep my eyes and mind open. I am ready 2010. Bring it.

Comments

  1. you are a bona fide hippity dippity doc. it's quite excellent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment