Feast your eyes on this...

This post is all about food. Duh. I mean, 'tis the season right? It is for me. Not a huge fan of pressure shopping or boxing day so what's left? Food. Oh and booze. Nothing makes me happier than spending a day cooking for friends and family. So here you go... hope you're hungry.



The setting - and please note the roaring fire. It took me forever to get started. Also note Dante on the couch with his festive neckband.
 


My first attempt at homemade eggnog. This recipe had cardamom and black pepper in addition to the regular cinnamon and nutmeg. It kinda curdled a bit when we added to rum, but, who cares. Rum!



Sometimes you just want to bathe yourself in food goodness. Apparently this isn't socially acceptable so instead I basted the bejeezus out of the birds with this yummy goodness ..melted butter, olive oil, sage and roasted garlic.


The "before" shot. Naked and raw. Just achin' for the bastin'.


Hello chickies! Final basting with balsamic and olive oil.


Halved, jus-ed and ready for eating. Along with...


Mesclun greens with pommegranate and walnuts


Roasted chesnut and wild rice stuffing


Roasted beet salad (thx Janice!)


Roasted potatoes and asparagus (care of Janice)


and finally, carrot cake and mascarpone icing and a wee bit of rum (thx Tanya!)

So what's for New Years??? I'm thinking cheese fondue...


Comments